I took Dylan out to Silkey Field for our first photo shoot. I got there a half hour early to scope out good angles, backdrops and such. I forgot most of them once we got started. This was a great learning experince for me as I journey towards doing this as a semi-profession.
- Have a written list of places to go for pictures. Spent way too much time standing and thinking.
- Carry both lenses with me at all times. Which means I may need a bigger bag.
- Bigger bag means more investment into this venture…..I better start making a dime or two soon.
- Those light diffuser disk things really come in handy. Buy one.
- It’s a lot harder to get boys to smile naturally than it is girls. Find a way to get them to channel their inner diva before taking 100 pictures of the “football smile”.
- Don’t over edit. Walk away and come back. I ended up deleting the first few I sat in front of for like an hour.
I think I did end up with some winners. I really hope they like them.